Greg returned to radio in 2011 after 15 years away from the mic to start Radio Enso
Radio Enso is all about inspiring people to live a more conscious and purpose-filled life!
“You’re here because you’re asking the big questions about life. You want to live yours more consciously and authentically. You define success and happiness in ways unique to you. And you want to learn from and be inspired by others who are doing the same.”
Hi; my name is Gregory Berg and I host and produce Radio Enso- Tools and Inspiration for Conscious Living, which airs every Monday at 6 p.m. Pacific/9 Eastern on the BlogTalkRadio network.
Radio Enso is a weekly, in-depth conversation with personal development leaders, thought leaders, and inspirational people from around the world. I aim to discover what makes other creatives, seekers, and non-conformists tick. We discuss a wide variety of topics including alternative career and lifestyle options, spirituality, travel, philosophy, and optimal living.
Since July 2011, my guests have included Dr. Brene Brown, Chris Brogan, Nancy Duarte, Danielle LaPorte, Jonathan Fields, Chris Guillebeau, Pamela Slim, Tess Vigeland, Jeff Goins, Michael Bungay Stanier, Tara Gentile, Adam Baker, Brian Johnson, Jennifer Louden, Betsy Chasse, Don Miguel Ruiz Jr., Eric Klein, and MANY others. See my archive page here for a full list.
Each week, my guests share their life story, discuss the challenges they’ve faced, and offer various “takeaways” that listeners can use on their own journey towards a more conscious and purpose-filled life.
Radio Enso History:
I started this show to continue a series of conversations that began at Chris Guillebeau’s World Domination Summit— an amazing annual gathering of creatives and “non-conformists” who each aspire to live a remarkable life and make the world a better place while doing so.
As I saw it, a common thread among participants at the Summit was that success in life, however you define that word, takes place though a CONSCIOUS and deliberate approach to living, doing business, and moving about in the world to create a purpose-filled life.
But where do you start? How do you conquer those fears, distractions, and limiting belief systems which get in the way of living the life YOU really want? What are some TOOLS and strategies that you can use?
Each week, Radio Enso presents candid conversations with individuals from around the world who will inspire you with their story while discussing the tools that THEY use to live CONSCIOUSLY. Join me on Radio Enso HERE every Monday at 6 p.m. Pacific/ 9 Eastern!
In recent years, I’ve been making a living as a photographer, designer, and videographer — sort of a creative “one-man band.” But once upon a time, I was a radio host and producer. I started out way back in 1986 doing college radio and over the years, worked my way up the food chain. Eventually, I was on air at the #1 FM station in St. Louis, MO, a Top 20 market, and had shows running in syndication on 15 additional markets.
My journey towards conscious living (and it IS a journey, never a completed destination)began more than 25 years ago. I was profoundly impacted by a near-death experience — a horrific car accident in high school in which the paramedics who arrived at the scene thought we were all dead. That gave me the sense that I was already living on “bonus time”, and the seeds slowly began to plant themselves.
From a “quarter life crisis” and Tony Robbins cassette tapes in my 20s through transformative media like “The Power of Now” and “What the Bleep Do We Know” in my 30s, to my current yoga and meditative practices and a voracious appetite to learn more and help others do the same, I’ve developed a keen interest in all things “conscious.”
My Journey (so far):
I may sound like your average 46-year old, metaphysically curious guy. But it’s been a long journey to get to this point and it never stops. Here are a few nuggets about me:
- I play keyboards in a groove-based band here in San Diego called Brothers Herd. I’ve played in bands since the mid-1980s.
- In 2011-12, I created a 365 Day Photo Project where I took and posted at least one photo per today and wrote extensively about many. Check out the results here or visit my Enso Photography online gallery and store here for additional examples of my photography.
- In 2008, I gave up my job as Marketing Director at one of the largest YMCA branches in the U.S. to pursue my passion for “creating” things!
- I nearly died at age 18. I was in a horrific car accident and the paramedics who arrived on the scene though we were all dead. Being given a “second chance” changes your perspective on everything!
- In my former life as a DJ, I interviewed Green Day, Crowded House, Weezer, and members of the Clash.
- As a musician, I’ve performed in front of thousands and opened up for Shawn Colvin, Ben Folds, Dada, and many more.
- I’ve been fortunate enough to photograph Tony Hawk on a vert ramp, Jesse Jackson giving a speech, and Billy Blanks leading a kickboxing class, along with thousands more who each have their own story.
- I love to travel! I’ve crossed the United States by car seven times and traveled throughout Latin America and Europe.
- I’ve written speeches for politicians and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and designed campaign materials that helped raise millions of dollars for the non-profits I worked for.
- I became a pescetarian for my 40th birthday and practice Kundalini Yoga and Meditation, which provides innumerable benefits to my life and health.
- I married a teacher and my best teachers (both in school and in life, such as my parents and other family members) were crucial to where I am today!